In two weeks time I will be leaving Melbourne and it’s
unpredictable weather for tropical Townsville, to do my Discipleship Training
School (DTS) with Youth With A mission (or YWAM; as you will find out we’re
pretty big on acronyms) . For those of you who don’t know much about YWAM; it
is an international missions organisation empowering the young and old to know
God and make him known, and the DTS is the entry-level School run on hundreds
of campuses across the world. (If you would like to find out more about the
course or YWAM Townsville go to: http://www.ywamrto.org/)
The course that I am doing runs for 6 months, with 3 months
lecture-style learning in Townsville and then 3 months outreach where we
practically apply all that we have learnt.
I have just completed my final year of high school and have
pretty much jumped straight from exams and graduation into full-time work, but
as I am beginning to pull things together, preparing to leave and slow down a
little bit it is becoming very real and I am getting a little nervous and
pretty excited.
It has definitely been a long journey to get to where I am
now. As most of you would know I am a born and bred YWAM kid. I have always
wanted to do a DTS, but I never really knew where or when. So when I was
praying about what to do after graduation and God said to do a DTS I was pretty
stoked.
However, I realise now that over the years I had already decided
what I wanted my DTS to be; and had my heart set on my own expectations. So
when God told me to go to Townsville ( after A LOT of prayer, discussion and
research) and do the Jan DTS, it pretty much turned my plans on their head; as
it was exactly the opposite of pretty much everything I had planned for myself.
But as God has been working on my heart I have been learning
to trust in him and rest in the quite peace that comes only from obeying him,
and I now realise that God has bigger and better plans for me than I could ever
imagine.
So stay tuned! More updates are coming…
No comments:
Post a Comment