Sunday, March 17, 2013

Mother and child health


Hey everyone! 

We just finished up week ten of lectures learning about mother and child health and dehydration! It continues to blow my mind how many people are dying all over the world from causes that are just so preventable! It really breaks my heart, one thing that one of our teachers said was 'pregnancy is not an illness, but in these countries it is seen that way because so many woman die in child birth.' And a large amount of deaths during pregnancy and child birth could be prevented simply by basic nutrition through out the pregnancy. 

'The their comes only to steal, kill and destroy, but I have come that you may have life and have it abundantly!' -Jesus 
But it also gives me incredible hope that although there is a battle over these little ones life's , there is something that can be done, and even though it is heartbreaking, it is by no means hopeless! And this is what we are going to be doing in Nepal and Bangladesh, not only bringing physical life through education and healthcare but also bringing the life that comes from knowing Jesus! And I can't wait! I am just blown away by what an incredible opportunity this is to be Gods hands and feet! 

Thankyou so much for all of your prayer and support I have defiantly be feeling it and it means so much to me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment